A little knowledge is a dangerous thing - especially when you might have been better off not knowing. Beware! These five pieces of information may leave you feeling more than a little off-balance and viewing the world around you in a very different way...
1. A Stranger Is Just A Friend You Haven't MetAccording to a former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit, "A very conservative estimate" is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States at any one time. So smile big and say hello!
2. They Changed It To "Password"From 1962 to 1977 the code to authorize launching U.S. nuclear missiles was 0000000. This was chosen to make the launch as quick and easy as possible. And these were intelligence officers who came up with that.
3. Poof! All Gone!There are astrophysicists who believe our universe might be a false vacuum. This means that our universe is actually part of a bigger multi-verse, but the conditions within our universe are not necessarily the same as in the rest of the multi-verse.
Imagine our universe as being in a bubble in a pot of boiling water. Then, at some point the bubble bursts and the false vacuum ends, so everything out there rushes in. In other words, our entire universe could be destroyed in the blink of an eye, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Sleep well!
4. But They're So Cute And Fuzzy-Wuzzy!There's been a marked decrease in the female sea otter population, mainly because male sea otters rape them to death.
5. And It Makes Such A Delightful Sound!It takes 22 pounds per square inch of force to pop a testicle. Do be sure and share this interesting fact with the men in your life.
And with that, I'll let you go to enjoy the rest of your day. Imagine what fun you'll be at parties, knowing all this great trivia!