I first became acquainted with The Interactive Autism Network through The Kennedy Krieger Institute, having taken part in their ROAR (Ride On for Autism Research) event every year. IAN is a great way to share your insights and help take an active role in providing critical data for various autism-related research projects.
This NPR article will give you a little more information on how IAN works, and what you can expect if you choose to take part. The following ASD diagnoses are included in IAN Research:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Autism or Autistic Disorder
- Asperger Syndrome
- Childhood Disintegrative Disorder (CDD)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
Sign-up is easy, and the data you can provide is absolutely invaluable.