This week, I'm unbelievably thankful for all the little moments that make a life worth living. For instance:
- My son turned twelve yesterday. I took a moment before I woke him and watched him sleeping. Just seeing his chest move up and down and watching his peaceful face and realizing how very, very wonderful it is that somehow he's mine.
- The cat climbed up on my bed this morning and laid down next to me, purring loudly. She wasn't smacking at me or headbutting me - just laying there, purring because she was happy to be next to me.
- Someone reached out to me this week to tell me he thought I was interesting. And beautiful. But he said interesting first, and it made my day.
- My father is a veteran, as are my brothers. I'm thankful for them and for every man and woman who serves this country.
- I'm thankful for hot apple cider, fresh-pressed in Amish country. And spiced rum.