In my many and varied internet travels, I sometimes come across really cool instructional stuff: educational sites, DIY videos, stuff like that.
I often get sucked down a YouTube rabbit hole watching stuff like that, only to emerge, blinking in the light and resolved to try every single one of the things I just learned about.
I resolve that, I really do.
Anyway, here's a short list of some of the cool stuff you can learn on the internet:
- You can cook like your Jamaican Grandmother. Or someone else's Jamaican grandmother. All I know is it all looks effing delicious:
- For those of you who are fans of The Dude (and if you don't get the reference, you need to watch The Big Lebowski. If you do get the reference, you need to watch The Big Lebowski anyway because it's awesome enough to watch on a daily basis), you can actually get ordained into the Church of the Latter-Day Dude, complete with certificate..
- There is a beer judging certification program. Credentials and everything. That'll impress the ladies, I'm sure.
- You can become a dog psychologist. I assume there are no cat psychologists because cats don't give a damn what you think about them. It's not free, but might be interesting.
- You can get free IT Training. The whole site is full of free or inexpensive online courses, and you can definitely get sucked down an internet rabbit hole on that one.
- Speaking of an internet rabbit hole, check out Dirty Signs with Kristin on YouTube. She'll show you how to say all manner of off-color and inappropriate stuff in sign language. Here she is, showing us how to sign "Twat Waffle":
That ought to hold you all for a while - I have lots more of this kind of stuff, so you'll see a few more posts on the subject, eventually.